Among the different furniture that adorn your house console tables are regarded as the most versatile of everything. A console table can be put to one of many uses and it may not be out of place to see more than one console table in a house. If you happen to be a fan of mid century modern designs, you will find a number of choices where retro styling has transformed console tables into classic concepts. Before you start your search for the most suitable one, take a look at three features that you need to consider when you look for a console table.
The space on the console table will be the primary consideration. The surface area on the table will determine the uses of the table. However, it should not be too large, but compact and sleek. The second feature that you need to look for is the amount of weight that it can support. If you need one to keep your television, it better be of strong enough. Finally the height of the console table will decide the convenience of the table and how you actually use it. We have compiled reviews of eight of the best selling console tables in the market for you to take a look and make the right purchase decision.
Top 7 Best Mid Century Modern Console Tables
Rivet Hairpin Wood and Metal Console Table
This is a modern, and stylish console table with a low profile. The design is definitely inspired by retro styling with the classic hairpin legs supporting the table top. The walnut veneer finish gives this table measuring 59 x 15.7 x 15.7 inches an attractive and stylish appeal. The engineered wood is hard and durable and will last long. The no frills design is bound to steal your heart with an elegance that will contrast sharply with the objects placed on it. It is ideal for your TV, and putting this together does not require any special assistance or tools. It is highly stable and will not create any apprehensions of being wobbly with greater weight. Weighing 41 pounds, this is a cost effective and uncomplicated model that will find many ways to be used.
- The low slung model makes it the ideal height for placing in your living room
- The sturdy model and engineered wood offers complete stability to heavy electronics
- The uncomplicated style is elegant and can fit in with any decor
- A small open or close storage would have been of great use here
Light Walnut/White Console Sofa Table with Two Drawer – Mid-Century style
This is a throwback to the Victorian era – the canted legs and the straight edges make this simple and uncomplicated console table, an elegant addition to homes. The contrasting white and walnut finish makes this a timeless attraction, while the features are utilitarian. For instance, the two drawers offer closed storage space for little articles and trivia that may require to be kept out of view. Measuring 40 x 17 x 9 inches in dimension and weighing 33 pounds, this is a sturdy console table that can be used for multiple purposes. The splayed legs ensure that it is solid and stable, while the hardwood and medium density fibreboard ensure longevity.
- The cute little twin drawers are utilitarian
- Exquisite Victorian era elegant styling
- Compact size of table makes it easy to move within hose
- Assembly of the table requires some effort
Madison Park Parker Console Tables
Simple and classic, this is the design tribute to the bygone. Minimalistic and fully functional, this is a classic console table design with a lower level for storage. The two tone color combination and the splayed legs design makes this attractive. The lower level storage has been kept very low and this actually increases the storage space. You can in fact use the lower level to place heavy electronics and appliances. Manufactured from high quality rubberwood, the structure measuring 48 x 16 x 32 inches in dimension and weighing 50 pounds is quite sturdy and will support most requirements. Maintenance is quite easy, as the design is uncomplicated and simple.
- The lower level storage is utilitarian
- The white and pecan color combination is elegant and classic
- The compact shape and splayed legs makes this a multipurpose table
- Assembly kit needs to be improved
Convenience Concepts Oslo Storage Console
This is a multi purpose storage console table. Styled on the lines of retro concepts, the white painted and wooden combination gives this a touch of elegance. The console itself comprises two large cabinets with shelf that rest on sturdy splayed legs. The top of the console can be used for decorative or utility purposes while the closed storage offers adequate space for stowing away articles of different sizes. The reversible doors and the design combine to make this a finest example of form and functionality that can complement any theme in your house. Measuring 32 x 15 x 28 inches, this 43 pounds console table is sturdy and will last long.
- Large storage cabinet space
- Reversible doors makes this ultra useful
- Strong and sturdy, does not wobble
- May not be suitable for placing heavy objects on the top of the console storage
White/Woodgrain Console Table Storage Cabinet
Another model in the category of storage consoles, this is exquisitely designed and elegantly crafted. It has all the trappings of the Victorian era – the straight edges, the neat white painted doors, and the wood grain finish, with canted legs. The ample storage inside the console makes this rubberwood and medium density fibreboard console one of the best models in the market. Measuring 28 x 32 x 15 inches and weighing 45pounds, this is a sturdy model and the wide stance of the legs helps to keep this stable. It can serve as a multipurpose table anywhere in your home.
- Large storage space
- Sturdy build
- Multipurpose utility
- Assembly of this console table requires some kind of effort and assistance
Belham Living Carter Mid Century Modern Console Table
The gentle rounded edges and the clean design will make you fall in love with this Victorian era inspired design at first sight. Compact and cute, this console table comes with two drawers that permits you to stow away articles of interest easily. Measuring 41.75 x 15.75 x 30 inches in dimension, the poplar legs and the gently splayed legs gives this a sturdy stance. The walnut finish veneer and the smooth rounded ends makes this utilitarian and stylish. The table has the build and superior quality material to support weight and is surprisingly solid for for its relatively compact size.
- The two notched drawers give you closed storage space for trivia
- The sturdy build ensures that you can keep heavy objects on the table
- Walnut wood finish makes this elegant and classic
- The clearance is slightly affected by the additional layer of wood beneath the drawers
Convenience Concepts Alpine Console Table Espresso
Made from rubberwood and medium density fibreboard, this classic and minimalistic design is classy. You will find the low level storage of great use, offering more storage space for large objects. The simple design, this free from any frills or unwanted complications makes this one of the most convenient and easy to use console tables. The design and the appearance makes this suitable for use anywhere in your home and you will find this to be most versatile. Measuring 44 x 16 x 32 inches, this console table, weighing 25 pounds can blend with any décor and theme in your house perfectly. The splayed legs gives it greater stability to handle heavier objects.
- Simple elegant design gives this a classic appeal
- Low storage level offers extra space for stacking objects
- Sturdy build, supports weight easily
- Additional closed storage would have made this the best model
Safavieh Home Collection Kayson White Console Table
This is the ultimate classic design that will transform any room into a designer’s dream. The stark white colour and the simple straight design makes this one of the most elegant takes on retro style furniture. Made from engineered wood, the straight design makes this as sturdy as possible, permitting you to make use of it for multiple purposes. Measuring 13.4 x 51.2 x 31.5 inches in dimensions and weighing 30 pounds, the size is large enough to be versatile for most uses, while still being compact to move around the house.
- The stark white color blends into any décor perfectly
- The simple uncomplicated design is versatile and can be used for multiple purposes
- The high quality engineered wood ensures stability and durability
- Open or closed storage would have made this a more useful model